- Deb decide that to get her goal of improved fitness in time for her dogs tournament she would like to lose 2-3kgs. After 1 week, Deb texted me with so much excitement, saying just how incredible she was feeling (and that she was even sleeping better and had more energy). Deb started by changing the nightly 2-3 wines + daily chocolates to wine once a week + chocolate once-twice a week; preparing her lunches and taking some time out twice in the week to do an exercise class.
- The picture on the right hand side I received from Rachael P this week. Rach is a mum of two little men and jugglying their world becomes more a priority then her food. Our goal was to be a step ahead of her lunch meals as we noticed the ripple effect that can occur when lunch is lacking in nutrient value. This picture made me jump and down (truly it did Rach, as you did it for you!!).
Girls I am sharing these two posts with you, to encourage you. Often I think, we "over think it". My encouragement to you is do not over think the small steps and to know that small changes WILL have impact.
Sheree's 6 month Reflection - An incredible testimony of how if we focus on 1 thing; so much more will happen -
6 months down the track and Sheree sends this text:
Sheree Gray I wasn't setting out to lose weight but with your fab eating advice Nicole and joining t25k, ive lost 5kg in 5mths. Ive got a new phone so have to put the strava app back on so i can track my running achievements. Parkrun coming to my local suburb this month so im ultra keen to participate.
- young, active; but busy with two jobs as vet nurse and her own dog training school;
- the "rut": quick lunch option - McDonalds.
- the result: Sheree had to take time off work as she could not focus anymore (foggy head). Sheree came and saw me feeling quick unwell and sick.
Together we worked in ways she could add healthy food options to fit her work schedule (which is different each day and her days are very long).
I share this post with you to highlight the impact the "little things" can have. The quick lunch option can happen once, but if you find its a habit; it will have an affect on your health.
Traceys Photo on the left - a moment that happened in Traceys world which was a goal moment - the moment when all the small choices / decisions / days add up and the result of your efforts come together