Yes we have all enjoyed the chocolate ones, but do you know how to poach an egg in the microwave? My beautiful friend Marissa from beautifully organised shows us how to (I did not know it could be this easy!)
The Egg Nutrition Council is an Australian group of health and nutrition experts who reviews scientific research papers, studies and reports on eggs and nutrition from Australia and around the world.
On website they address the concerns people have about eggs. They address how many are safe to consume and answers the myths about the impact of eggs on health and in particular cardiovascular disease and cholesterol .
- eggs are good!
- amazing sources of protein, containing all 9 amino acids essential for health - meaning they are complete proteins
- alot of research is going into eggs and pregnancy health, eggs and diabetes, eggs and kids
- we need to reduce our intake of saturated fats and increase our consumption of ALAs (a good fat found in walnuts, linseeds, soybeans) to reduce of risk factor of cardiovascular diseases
- many research papers have shown no link between eggs causing elevation to serum cholesterol
- current guidelines support eating eggs each and every day
- 6 eggs a week is acceptable for adults
Have a look at the website for more: http://enc.org.au/ and sign up to their newsletters to stay up to date